Monday, March 9, 2009

Never walk alone...

Summer break. I was sitting at the computer room of my flat and listening to music while surfing the net. My friend called me and offered to go downtown. I was very tired and didn’t really want to go out. Kirill, my friend, told me, that it’s ok and he’ll ask somebody else to come with him. After I hanged up the phone, don’t know why, I thought that every time I don’t go with him something happens.

2 hours later somebody called from downstairs. I looked at the camera and saw my friend. I was really happy, that he came to visit me. I thought: “He is such a nice friend!”. I opened the door welcomed him. But he looked really nervous. His head was down and one of his hands was covering his nose. Kirill took off his shoes and started walking to the hallway.
- Kirill? , I called him
- Fhere if fhe wafhroom? , he replied me quietly.
- Oh my God! What the hell happened to you?!?!
Suddenly, I realized, that his usual black clothing became darker and was shining, because of BLOOD! I looked up and couldn’t see his face behind the really long hair.
- Right over here! Come! Lean down near the sink and wait! I’ll bring a chair and some tissues
- Itf’s ok. I’ll go hfome foon.
I wasn’t listening to him and had a little time to look at his face. His eyes were red and full with tears of pain. And nose… His nose was broken. Also one of his cheeks turned violet. At that moment I didn’t have much time to ask him. I went out and in around 20 seconds I already had a chair and tissues brought to the washroom.
After we have cleaned up his bloody nose and contacted his parents, he told me the whole story. He told me: He was at downtown and he met his friends. They decided to go to the park near my house. While they were talking and having fun near the fountain in the park, a bunch of skinheads came up to them and started to ask Kerill stupid questions. Because he has felt the responsibility to protect his friends, he stood up against them. One of the skinheads, to humiliate him, poured beer on his face. While he was wiping his face, the skinhead punched Kirill. Kirill was bleeding very badly, all the girls who were with him ran away and the skin heads left the scene. The fountain turned bloodily red and he was just leaning against the fountain, bleeding. After a while, he got himself together and walked to my house. That was his story.
His father came and took care of Kirill, he drove him to the hospital. I was left there alone, cleaning the blood in the hallway and the bathroom. The image of Kirill, bleeding, being so weak, his hands shaking and so sad kept coming back to me. I thought, I never wanted to see him like that ever again, and I was really angry, I had this huge urge to go out there and beat the skinheads who did this to Kirill.

This story came to me when I was choosing my blog topic, and I would want everyone to understand how important it is to study the origin and reduce violence.

2 comments:

Alex said...

It's sad that your friend was wounded. But same things happen in every country every single day. I was wondering why you made the conclusion that Russia is more violent than Canada.

vanyuninvala2 said...

1) I didn't make any conclusion yet, I'm currently researching on this topic.

2) many things happen in every country every day but, I guess, it's my own business about which of this countries I should write.

3) this story is really personal for me and I didn't really like this kind of comment after it.